Duty of Care
by Total Fleet Services Ltd
Are you compliant?
Did you know?
- All Employers with more than 5 full time employees engaged in business driving, must be compliant in all aspects of the rules, regulations & advice given by the Health & Safety Executive in relation to Occupational Road Risk
- The law says that companies must have a comprehensive road risk assessment plan for both the organisation and all its employees that are known, or believed to be driving at work, either in a company vehicle, a hired vehicle or in their own vehicle
Do you currently?
- Have a corporate risk assessment and a system for managing road risk?
- Have a risk mitigation plan in place to address general and specific needs uncovered by the risk assessment?
- Have an audit trail to be able to prove the actions at both corporate and employee level?
- Have processes in place that cover employees driving their own cars on business as well as company cars?
Any organisations who don't meet these standards are not managing road risk and are breaking the law. This carries significant risk exposure and the Health & Safety Executive, VOSA and Police may pursue a prosecution against the organisation and any or all of its Directors, management and staff.
Total Fleet Services can offer you Safeplan, a totally online facility for your convenience.
If your interested in more infomation about any of our vehicle management package please contact us via phone, email or our contact form so we can clear up any questions you have, to talk about your fleet management requirements and arrange a package of fleet services that suits your company.